In order to travel for long periods of time you NEED to be able support yourself. If you managed to save up some money then budget tips can help you. If you have a little or no money, but you wish to travel full-time, don’t be discouraged, it CAN be done.
Look at travelers like NomadicMatt, AdventurousKate and The Blonde Abroad. They have all done it, and made themselves successful business owners in the process. So keep on dreaming and working hard. To make it easier for you, I have compiled a list of 10 ways to earn money while traveling:
10 Ways To Earn Money While Traveling
- Run a blog – Many bloggers managed to make a decent living from running a blog. No reason why you shouldn’t. Main income sources tend to be affiliate marketing and selling your own products. Blogging can be your full-time income while being the best hobby you have. You can blog about anything which interests you including travel itself. There are many free tutorials which help you to set up your blog.
- Start a YouTube channel – There are plenty of full-time YouTubers who make a living from affiliate marketing, advertisements and sponsorship.
- Online freelance work – From designing to data entry to coding, you can find any type of freelance work on the internet. Top sites to find freelance work at are:
- Get a working Visa – You can work part-time in the places you are visiting with working visas. Some jobs you might want to look for are: Bartending, Teaching English, Instructor (like a surfing instructor). Go check your destination’s governmental website to find more info on how to apply for working visas.
- Sell goods online – Some people manage to make thousands each month by buying and reselling on websites like Amazon or Ebay. Find out how to make money from Amazon.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing is essential promoting a product for a commission. You can use this strategy in almost any platform including a blog or YouTube. Please note that you should only promote products/services you have actually tried and loved. Otherwise would only result in a lack of trust and dissatisfaction from your views.
- Become a flight/cruise attendant – Not only do you get paid a good, fixed wage, but you also get to travel to multiple locations all around the world.
- Photography – If you know your way around a camera, selling your travel pictures online could be a good way to support yourself. Sites often pay royalties to their contributors. Some of the best places to sell your pictures are:
- Write an E-book – Selling your own product, if successful, could earn you much more than advertising or affiliate marketing. All you need is a laptop and your brain. Learn how to self publish an e-book.
- Aupair – Aupair is when you work as a domestic assistant. It generally involves taking care of children and helping around the house. Find Aupair gigs at:
So now you know that earning money while traveling is possible. The possibilities are endless. Take that dream and make it reality. Good luck!
If you have managed to earn money while traveling, share with us in the comments!