There are several reasons why you might want to work from home. This type of work lets you be flexible with your schedule, in the comfort of your own home. So working from home is especially useful to people who have to take care of children, or if you want extra income.
The internet is full of work from home ads, but most of these jobs aren’t enough to provide a full-time/ part-time income. Luckily, there are some work from home jobs that can be enough to live with, like the below 25:
If you enjoy writing about fiction or non-fiction, you can find plenty of work on the web. You can write paid posts for established bloggers. Or you can even write your own book and publish them through Amazon.
If you love writing about a specific subject, and you also like connecting with people, blogging may be the way to go. Having a blog, can be a creative outlet as well as a way to support yourself and your family. You also get to be your own boss! For a free email course on how to start a blog, head over to justagirlandherblog (It’s the one I used to set up my blog!).
Proofreading jobs can be found all over the internet. Proofreading services offer several part-time or full-time remote positions. To start proofreading with them you may need to take a 20 minute preliminary test.
Do you know 2 languages or more? How about you try translating?
- Gengo – Is an online translating group. You can become a translator with them after taking an online test. Gengo pays per word translated.
- Adovar – Has remote freelance translator opportunities for experienced translators.
Transcription is when you listen to an audio file and write it into text. The following sites are where you can find remote transcription jobs:
- Transcribeme – Pay starts at $20/audio hour.
- Athreon – For US and Canadian residents. Requires 2 years experience. Pays per line count.
You can learn more about transcribing in this free 4 day course.
Virtual Assistant (VA)
Being a virtual assistant can mean many things. You could be in charge of emails, or you may be asked to transcribe, or you may take care of scheduling. Or all of the above. This job has become more and more requested. Below are sites where you can find VA jobs.
- Belay – Offers positions mostly for experienced VAs.
- Time etc – Also for experienced VAs.
- Upwork – You can find entry-level VA jobs on freelance sites like this one.
On freelancing sites you can find any type of jobs that you may want to do. Jobs range from unskilled (like data entry) to professional (like web designing). Each job pays different rates. Reputable freelance networks are:
If you’re a teacher, or if you specialise in a profession taught as a subject, you can try online teaching at the below sites:
- Tutor.com – For US and Canadian residents.
- ESLauthority – Has a variety of online teaching jobs. Requirements are specific to each job.
Teach a course
You yourself can make teaching a business. You can start offering online courses (e-courses) in the field you’re expert in. Platforms like Teachable are a great way to produce your first e-course.
Become a business coach
Is your expertise business? Start an online business, teaching people how to grow their own business. Get started by applying to a free online course on how to become a business coach.
Mystery shopping is when you try out the customer service of a company, as a customer, and then report back to that company with your evaluation. If you do this on a regular, through multiple sites, it can make for a good side income. Sites which offer mystery shopping opportunities are:
You can get paid for testing websites. This means you will have to perform simple instructions on a website, while explaining your thoughts out loud. Sign up with multiple agencies to optimize your earnings.
Get an income by testing web searches. This is an extremely simple and easy way to get side income. Read more at:
Did you know there are online focus groups? You can actually get paid to speak your mind online. Gigs can pay anywhere between $50 to $150. Try applying at:
Social media marketer
This type of job requires you to keep up with the latest social media updates and trends for your clients. You should also expect to be in charge of their social media posts and schedule. Social media managing opportunities can be found on the freelancing websites mentioned above ( ex upwork).
Professional photographers can make an income selling pictures on markets like:
- Alamy – Pays 50% of sales.
- Istockphoto – Pays 15-45% of sales.
- 500pxprime – Pays 30 to 70% of sales.
Photographers are usually paid a rate on sales of their pictures. Rates are listed above.
Become a sales agent for companies that you love. Reach out to the company’s customer care team and ask about remote sales agent opportunities. You can also find sales agent jobs at freelancing sites.
Customer service representatives
Graphic / web designer
If you have the skills, you may want to try building your own web designing service and start an online business. You can also find work on freelancing sites.
If you’re a nurse and you want to work from home, you don’t have to abandon your profession. Remote jobs usually involve being a contact person. Sites which offer remote nursing jobs are:
Do you like recording videos or maybe starring in them? Youtube has become a very powerful platform. Many have successfully turned it into their own flourishing business. All you need is a video camera and creative content.
Become an online stylist by working for online fashion stores like:
- Stitchfix – Female clothing store. Jobs available in a number of states in the US.
- Bombfell – Male clothing store (For people in the New York area, as you may be required to attend meetings in Manhattan).
Start an online store
Flipping item means buying and reselling for a profit. This can be easily done working from home by using sites like Amazon or Ebay. You may also buy banged up items for almost nothing, fix them and resell for a large profit.
These are 25 work from home ideas you can try in order to achieve a full-time / part-time income. Each job requires different specifications, so choose the best fit for you.
When looking for online jobs, always be careful of scams. Keep in mind the following tips to avoid getting scammed:
- Don’t pay – Trustworthy sites don’t ask you to pay a fee to join. Never pay.
- Do a quick internet search – Look for reviews from everyday people.
- Don’t trust payment methods you don’t know – After all, they’ll need your credit card/ address info.
- Always redraw money when your each the threshold – you don’t know when the site will shut down or you might get hacked.
- Don’t trust sites with no physical address/info.
Always use the above tips and get workin ;]
Do you work from home? What do you do? Share with us in the comments!