One of the things that bother many people when traveling is: What can I do about my hair?
When traveling you can’t really afford to have a lot of hair items with you as they take up a ton of space in your luggage. This is especially so if you’re traveling with a hand luggage only. Not to mention the restrictions on liquids.
If you still want to have fabulous looking hair when traveling, despite the space issue, then you are going to have to get creative with your hair essentials.
- Multi-function hairstyler – A multi-function hairstyler is the perfect, compact way to carry your curler, straightener and hair dryer, all-in-one. This combination prepares you for everything you may need while taking up minimal space. Amazon has plenty of good quality, affordable multi-function hairstylers. All you have to do is to choose the one which suits your needs best.
- Hair brush – Whether you have straight, frizzy or curly hair, there is only one brush you really need to take with you. A tangle teezer. These hair brushes are great for every necessity, especially, when going to the beach. They are also perfect to keep in your purse. These can be easily bought on Ebay or Amazon.
If you are going to keep your hair products in your carry on, you need to make sure you don’t exceed the restrictions on liquids.
The general rule in USA is that each bottle should not be larger than 3.4oz (or 100ml) and should all be placed in a quart-sized plastic zip-lock bag, when carried in your hand luggage. Always check with your airline about this rule.
Products you need while traveling:
- Shampoo and conditioner – You can find travel sized ones at Amazon.
- Dry Shampoo – you’ll need this when you don’t have time to wash your hair but you need to look good anyway. Bastite (at 1.6 fl oz) is a good quality, affordable dry shampoo.
- Frizz control – If you have frizzy hair or if you’re going to a humid place, you’re going to need this. John Frieda‘s frizz ease (3.1oz) is a great option for traveling.
- Sun protection – Sun takes a big toll on our hair. So protect it as much as you can. Paul Mitchell‘s spray is amazing but for a travel sized option you can consider Sun Burn beach formula (3oz), which is a great alternative.
For the final touch, to make your hair stand out or just to keep it under control, you may want to take with you a couple of hair accessories.
- Hat – Budget fashion sites like Newlook or ASOS have plenty of hats you can take with you. Choose one you can carry comfortably.
- Hair ties – These are a must for obvious reasons. And although you can buy these almost everywhere, you can get them at a much lower price on sites like Walmart or Ebay.
- Hair bands, clips etc – Add a little something extra to your hair by adding fancy pins. Accessorize has a big selection of cute and stylish hair accessories. You can carry hair accessories in your purse to save luggage space.
- Bobby pins – Also a must, to get your hair under control, especially if frizzy. Bobby pins can be bought in large quantities for little cost on Ebay.
Getting your hair in style while traveling is challenging, but if you have the above items handy, you can surely do it.
If you also like shoes, but you don’t know what to take with you when traveling, check out shoes to pack when traveling.
Do you use any other products while traveling? Or do you have any tricks to carry hair products? Share with us in the comments!